Here are a few of our immediate plans for 2009:
- Get Greyson home with us! To do that he needs to:
- Stop destating! Yesterday he dropped his O2 level from 100% to 30% in just a few seconds. I was out of the room (cleaning pumping supplies) and Michael was holding him. I know that must have been so scary for him. A blue baby in your arms is terrifying - I know from many, many experiences.
- Get this eating orally thing under control! Greyson is really good at breastfeeding, but he needs to be getting all of his feeds orally but the NICU won't start that until 35 weeks, so we've got at least one more week. Momma can't be at the hospital around the clock (although I would like to). We want that ng tube out. I think his refluxing will get better once that thing is gone!
- Stay off the Cannula! They took it off him yesterday morning because every time the nurse came in it was in his mouth, or to the side of his nose - where it doesn't do any good. And since he was breathing fine without it they took it off. But with his destats yesterday they may put it back, although I don't really think it helps in those cases. Here's hoping it never has to go back on!
- Figure out how in the world we will take care of Greyson once he comes home. He can't go to day care, we can't afford for me to stay home with him full time. And considering that he will most likely continue to have problems with not breathing when he eats, leaving him with someone else who can handle that is not going to be easy.
2009 is going to be challenging, but at least my baby will be home at some point.
No comments:
Post a Comment